Take my word and stay far far away from this company.There customer service is horrible, they jack up prices after assuring you there will be no surprises, they show up late with items missing.
My husband got a last minute job offer in North Carolina leaving me in San Diego to handle to packing and moving by myself. I called several companies for quotes and Dennis with USA moving group really sold me on his. I gave him exact dimensions over every single item we were taking. Every single box and every other item we were taking.
I explained to Dennis that I could have no surprises whatsoever with pricing when they came to do the pickup. He assured me since I was doing it the right way with giving him an itemized list there would be no surprises. I told him that I was doing it by myself my husband was already in NC and our items had to be out that specific weekend. He quoted me $2189.16 I thought it was a fair price and set everything up with him.
Now come Saturday Dec 6th the movers come. They were from LP Movers (who have an F with the BBB). They looked at everything that we were taking and said it was going to cost more. The total price ended up being $3275.
That's $1085.84 more then what Dennis originally quoted me after I get him an itemized list of everything and told him I could have no surprises. What amazes me even more, when the moving guys came I had taken large items out of the shipment, queen size bed, safe, freezer, and bicycles. And it still ended up being over $1000 more. Like I said I was in a huge time crunch and had to have all of my stuff out of the house that day leaving me with no choice but to use them.
After having no choice but to use them I reluctantly agreed to the new amount. They asked me when was the earliest they could deliver my items and I told them Dec 18th. Thinking I would get a call from them around that time to schedule the delivery. The 18th came and went without a word so I started calling them and leaving messages.
Finally, on Monday Dec 22 I got a hold of them and they let me know they would be doing the delivery on Friday the 26th or Saturday the 27th with a call the day before. Friday the 26th came and went without a word from them. Finally on Saturday the 27th the driver calls me to let me know he will be there on Tuesday the 30th. When I asked him why he wasn't there that day like I was told he would be, he said no one told him.
So, Monday the 29th comes and he lets me know he will be there at 8am the next day. Tuesday the 30th comes and finally he shows up at 10am. They start unloading the truck and several boxes were damaged. One box clearly said "Fragile this end up" with arrows all over it and one of the sides was completely caved in.
Another box that said "Pictures" with arrows pointing up had tire tread marks on it. One of the delivery guys spoke no English and even told me I needed to speak Spanish! The non English speaking guy must not have been able to read either because I had a box (Manufactures box) that clearly said it had a light fixture in it that got in his way and he just kicked it. I was appalled and offended.
I am also now having to file a claim with them because I am missing several items..
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I would also like to announce here the irresponsibility of LBC in handling packages. I sent a small TV thru LBC Singapore bound to Phils and the item was damaged..."
- "Absolute nightmare. Due to a roof leak, nearly all of my belongings have been destroyed by black mold and mildew. Even if I had chosen the elective insurance..."
- "BEWARE OF BEKINS VAN LINES I hired Bekins for a move from CA to WA, During the transport of my shipment, at least 50% of my items were damaged severely, lost..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "Bought a new trailer brand new from them and have nothing but issues from date purchased. The management is the worst. Manager told me leaks are not covered under warrantee..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "I contacted first american a week ago because I stepped onto a wet carpet in my bedroom. My hot water tank located behind a panel in my closet..."
- "I have tried being really civil with this woman, but I feel she is being very misleading and has never provided me with a tracking number. it has been 2..."
- "I was never trilled with the idea of online dating but I realized that with my busy lifestyle it may have been a good opportunity, at the time, to meet..."